Conveniently located to serve Hopkinsville and Christian County
Reveal smoother, more youthful skin with a chemical peel. Dr. Kaye offers a variety of Physician prescribed and administered peels based on your needs.
The peels we offer include:
- Obagi ™ Radiance Peel – refresher peel
- Obagi ™ Blue Peel – more dramatic peel, goes deeper into the dermis
- Jessner’s/TCA peel – will produce the most profound change to the skin
What is it?
Dr. Kaye will review your skin and medical history with you, examine your face and skin and make recommendations that are appropriate to reach your goals. Alternative and complimentary treatments will also be discussed and your questions about CP will be answered. As always, treatment must be individualized to achieve the best results.
How long is the procedure?
These peels are done in the office and take between ½ to 1 hour. They can also be performed as a part of a planned surgery at the ACSC of KY, at the patients’ request.
How long will recovery take?
Downtime from a Chemical Peel is determined by the length of the period of redness and of course peeling. This can range from 3 days for a Radiance peel to up to 10 days for a Jessner/TCA peel. There is little to no pain in the recovery phase of a Chemical Peel. Proper post treatment care is essential as is sunblock; this is new and delicate skin.
Can I apply make up after my chemical peel?
It depends on the kind of peel you get. See below:
- Obagi ™ Radiance Peel: You may wear makeup and use moisturizers after getting this peel. All moisturizers should be in the Obagi™ system and sunscreen to see optimal results and protect your skin.
- Obagi ™ Blue Peel: To best aid in the recovery process, makeup should only be applied after the skin is completely healed.
- Jessner’s/TCA peel: Makeup may only be applied after peeling process is completed and skin is healed.