Breast Augmentation Hopkinsville, KY
For many women, the goal of beautiful and attractive breasts is achievable with the help of breast augmentation using breast implants. This cosmetic procedure is performed routinely by Dr. Mitchell Kaye at the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Kentucky.
Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, can restore breast volume lost during pregnancy or weight loss, add fullness and shape to the breasts, or simply enlarge smaller breasts to a size that a woman feels is right for her.
If you have been considering breast augmentation, Dr. Mitchell Kaye and his friendly staff of breast augmentation experts will assist you every step and decision point along the way to a beautiful breast result that is right for you.
View More Photos
Is breast augmentation right for me?
To achieve our goals of beautiful breasts with breast augmentation, Dr. Mitchell Kaye stresses the following:
- Can you define your desired result, or more simply, do you know what you want to look like after breast augmentation? Checking out our Before and After Gallery is a great place to start.
- Are you in good health?
- Do you have an issue that will be corrected by breast augmentation? These include:
- Breasts that are too small
- Breasts that never developed fully
- Breasts that are uneven in size or shape
- Loss of volume with age, weight loss, pregnancy, or nursing
- Are the goals achievable and realistic?
What will I learn during my consultation with Dr. Mitchell Kaye at the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Kentucky?
What choices will I need to make before my breast augmentation procedure?
- Saline or silicone implants: Both are FDA approved and have well-established safety records. There are some differences in texture, price, and follow-up care that will be discussed with you at your consultation.
- Location of incision: Mitchell Kaye offers three possible incision placement options: beneath the breast (inframammary), around the areola (peri-areolar), and through the armpit (trans-axillary).
- Implant position: Implants can be placed above or below the pectoralis muscle.
- Size of implant: We measure you carefully during your consultation and will then give you sizer implants to try on under a special bra to allow you to choose the implant volume that works best for you. You can see a preview of your new shape!
- Do I need a lift as well as a breast augmentation?: If a woman has breasts that have dropped below a certain point, an implant alone will not be sufficient. Implants add volume but do not “lift” a breast. However, there are lifting procedures (mastopexy) that can be combined with augmentation to give the best possible result.
Each of these decisions is important and will be discussed in detail with you, in an individualized and patient manner by Dr. Mitchell Kaye and his staff. It’s not as complicated as it sounds! Some options will be better than others for you. Although the internet is a wonderful tool, it is not personalized to your needs. A consultation with us will make this information much more understandable in a short time.
How is breast augmentation done?
What is recovery like after breast augmentation surgery?
What will my breast augmentation results be like?
What types of incisions are performed?
There are three basic choices for incision to perform breast augmentation.
Each has its benefits, best applications and disadvantages. Of course, these need to be reviewed with patients after a full physical exam, implant selection (saline or silicone) and placement above or below the muscle. Read more about Incision Options below.
INFRAMAMMARY INCISION – This is placed in the natural crease below the breast (inframammary crease or fold), if the crease is already in the correct position. Sometimes the crease needs to be lowered or less commonly, raised. In this case it needs to be where the crease will be ultimately so it sits in the shadow of the breast. This incision is excellent for almost all breast surgery since it provides excellent exposure for the surgeon and can be used for saline or silicone implants of any size.
PERIAREOLAR INCISION – This is placed at the border of the areola (brown skin around the nipple) and breast skin. This camouflages this incision nicely and can provide access for saline or silicone implants. It can also serve to lift the areola for small lifting procedures as part of a crescent lift. It is always used during a major lifting surgery to move the areola and nipple to a new position. It might not be the best choice for a woman considering breast feeding at a later date or if preserving sensation to the nipple and areola are of primary importance, although all of these incisions have a very low rate of sensory disturbance.
TRANSAXILLARY INCISION – This is placed in a crease in the armpit and keeps the incision off the breast completely and tends to be very hard to see after a few months. It is less ideal for exposure (working space for the surgeon) and it can be very difficult to place large silicone implants through this incision. Often combined with saline implants placed behind the muscle.
What does a breast augmentation cost at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Kentucky?
Why Dr. Mitchell Kaye?
When choosing a plastic surgeon, look for training, experience, safety track record, and recognition by peers.
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye is triple boarded in Cosmetic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, and Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. His surgical training and fellowship was at Johns Hopkins Hospital, a world-famous institution, long recognized for producing some of the finest surgeons in the world. He is the recipient of both the Jackson and Miles Awards given by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery for the highest scores obtained on the Cosmetic Surgery Board exam; he is one of only two doctors who has taken this rigorous examination to achieve this honor. He also serves as an examiner of other physicians seeking this certification.
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye has safely performed tens of thousands of surgical procedures and is committed to excellence in patient care and safety on a daily basis. His facility has received complete accreditation by the Institute for Medical Quality to assure compliance with the highest standards in outpatient surgical care.
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye is regularly called on to instruct other surgeons in cosmetic surgery at courses across the United States for the latest in breast augmentation and other cosmetic surgery procedures.